This blog has been neglected for quite a while now, and I'd be lying if I said I'm planning to come back regularly, but here are a few tidbits for those I don't keep regular contact with.
So, in 2007, I
1. Lost 20 kilograms. Which was easier than I thought it would be. In the process I went from "not *excessively* fat" to "some people would even call this state thin".
2. Made the TAU rector's list. This means I'm one of the top five BA students in the entire faculty. Being the humanities faculty, this will not be very impressive on my IT CV, but will probably be useful if I choose to switch to an academic career.
3. Been abroad twice, which is two time more than I thought at the beginning of the year. A weekend in London back in February and a week in SF and NYC earlier this month. Next year, maybe Japan again.
4. Bought a shiny new 24" iMac (replacing a 1st generation G5 one) and a new MacBook (replacing a G4 12" iBook).
5. Read an entire Murakami novel in the original language. Working on the next.
6. Made a very silly student film with some friends, playing a bit role and doing most of the videotaping and editing. Based on this
(which you should read if you want it to make any kind of sense), the film is in badly pronounced Japanese with either English
, or no
subtitles, and contains many many inside jokes for TAU Japanese students. It was also watched by the Japanese ambassador to Israel, to our total embarrassment.